31.25 inches wide x 23.5 inches high
79.5 cm wide x 60 cm high
Shipping & Handling: $30
Edwin Salomon was born in Oona Mures, a town in the region of Transilvania, Romania, in 1935. In 1948 he moved to Cluj, the capital of Transilvania.
He grew up there and after graduating from the local high-school in 1951, he was admitted to the Academy of Fine Arts named after Ion Andreescu in Cluj. In the fourth year of his studies, the National Museum of Bucharest bought three of his paintings. Two years later, in 1957, he graduated from the Academy of Fine Sculptors Association as a member , an act which symbolized his adaptation to the Israeli art world.
In 1965, Salomon went to Paris for additional artistic training at the Sorbonne. In the same year, he was awarded the Nordau Prize. Later, he won more prizes: Tel-Aviv’s Bible Museum award for the year 1983 and a honorary Prize awarded by the Holon Municipality in the form of 18 trees planted in his name in 1985.
He teaches art at a variety of Institutions. Among them the Art Institute of Bat-Yam, the Tel-Aviv Musuem and the Teachers College in Ramat Hasharon, as well as serving as Art Director for the Wizo-France Vocational high-school.
Edwin Salomon’s paintings appear in numerous private collections in Israel, the U.S.A. Canada, Uruguay, Brazil, Romania, Sweden, Hungary, as well as in public collections such as the National Museum of Bucharest, the Cluj Museum, the Herzelia Museum and the Great Synagogue of Washington DC.